Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Postscript Mexico City

I downloaded the rest of my pictures just now so I wanted to post some.
I stumbled upon a street with shops that carried all bridal ware, it was pretty cool, very
1050's.
I love manequins, older ones like in these bridal stores. There is something kind of wierd about them, like the discarded dolls I suppose.
I hit a field day when Michael took me to an inside complex of stores, 3 levels high all religious stuff for sale. It was pretty great! I have loved statues of saints forever and have a nice little vintage collection of them, Ill post them along the way.
Here is what I found:
Along with this fascination for saint statues, discarded dolls, and manequins comes my obsession with saint statues IN churches. I hit 'em all when I can. I have 100's of
photos...this was a good one:
Did I mention I was obsessional? These are just but a few...

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

I share ur obsession with icons...the store has me droolin...

Anonymous said...

Obsessional? You are normal...just like the rest of us! Love the phots..thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

well then we have a few things in common... I love religios icons, theolder the better. Have a few myself as well... *snap* Glad you liked my bloggy...

Chrisy said...

Yes Stacey ther's a couple of pics at http://artdecadence.etsy.com