Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Road to Bali; Michael and Judy

My Doll Island co-hort , Michael deMeng and the exceptionally talented Judy Wilkenfeld are doing their first collaborative workshop together with us in Bali. I am so looking forward to seeing what this dynamic duo will offer. If it is anything like past workshops, I know it will be over the top! They are 2 of the most inspiring, incredible artists that I have met.
We will be creating a two-fold project called: Temple of Dreams.
Michael will be creating an exterior Balinese Temple structure, consisting of several layers which will open up.
Inside these Temples, we will create containers and house our "Dreams". This part of the project will be facilitated by Judy. We will place our "dreams and treasures" that we bring from home or find in Bali. This piece is so intricate and detailed, the richness of her work never ceases to amaze me! I am so happy to be learning with her!
One of the things (among many)that I love about hosting these workshops is that I often am able to do the project along with the class. Not only to I get to expand creatively, I also have the privilage interacting with the students and instructors in their creative processes. These foreign workshops lend themselves to becoming intimate quickly with all the participants and sharing a common love of art, the instructor and their work, and all being in this "cocoon" together in a foreign land.

5 comments:

Chrisy said...

Always love seeing ur projects...and that workshop...well...it sounds like heaven...

Anonymous said...

OMG! You guys are living MY dreams! Are you having any fun??!! I have spent the last half hour on your site drooling! My plan is to live in Italy and have a villa type bed and breakfast with workshops too! I was thinking outside Florence in the Sienna direction but your place in Cortona has gone to the top of my list! I am checking my schedule for fall and saving my pennies!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh My, I envy you so. The ability to be involved with instructors and students. To enrich your life and theirs, wow! And the scenery to absorb during breaks will be breathtaking I am sure. I soooo wnat to make it to Bali someday. The pics you've shown on this post are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Sigh, this workshop is going to be the best! I absolutely loved the workshop I took with you folks last fall.

Deltra Powney said...

Absolutely love your concept of creativity.